International Aerospace Coatings, IAC is looking for a HR professional with strong business acumen, consultation, ethical practice, global and cultural awareness and relationship management skills. The Regional HR business partner (RHRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management at three designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful RHRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. He/she will assess and anticipate HR-related needs, communicate needs proactively with the HR department and managers, and will seek to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of IAC. The RHRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department. Travel is expected to each site as needed.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with managers and the General Manager(s), providing HR guidance.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions and enhance programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the safety department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides input on business unit workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for each site and individual leadership coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success and making recommendations to develop employees.
- Act as the Designated Employer Representative (DER) of a DOT/FAA Drug and Alcohol Testing program.
- Collaborate with payroll relating to administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefits programs. Develop, implement and control programs in a manner that ensures cost effectiveness, market competitiveness and internal equity among employees.
- Conducts exit interviews and provide recommendations based on data to boost retention or make necessary recommendations to better the organization.
- Develop and implement a strategic recruitment program that will attract top talent across locations
- Assist the HR Director in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned, including recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation and administration, affirmative action/EEO compliance, job classification, performance evaluation, and employee relations in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resource management. Identify trends that could affect organizational objectives and/or operational resources. Interpret appropriate laws and policies and advise accordingly.
- Participate, generate and analyze ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including issues such as benefits costs, staffing levels/deployment, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, affirmative action/EEO, compensation, promotions, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience.
- Minimum of 4 to 8 years’ HR generalist experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, a plus.
- Proven ability to manage complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Working knowledge of EEO, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, ERISA and all other applicable laws.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS) and Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally.