Job Title: Financial Accountant
Reports to: VP Finance – Europe & Asia
This large and high-profile role is responsible for providing strong financial controllership and leadership to the organisation.
This position will report to the VP Finance – Europe & Asia and will have significant interaction with Company Directors.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Prepare & provide monthly, quarterly & annual executive updates on company performance
• Oversight of Europe & Asia month end financial reporting
• Ownership of preparation & publication of Global Consolidated Financials & Finance Pack
• External Audit oversight for all Europe & Asia Entities, along with oversight for Global entity
• Internal Controls oversight, reviewing the controls environment, ensuring effective & robust policies, procedures & controls are in place
• Board of Directors Meetings – Financials ownership of Board Pack
• Strategic Business Case involvement (e.g. Expansion, M&A, Investment, etc.)
• Responsibility for continually assessing our current Finance & related IT applications to ensure all tools are working efficiently. Identify any risks/concerns and develop a risk mitigation plan to address.
• Attend/Chair relevant cross-functional calls requiring Finance Support
• Ad hoc project engagement
• Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and understand key variables to minimize risk.
• Self – starter with a high level of diligence and the ability to work on own initiative and in conjunction with other key process leaders.
• Goal oriented results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion. Realistic and pragmatic approach to objectives.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; (verbal, written and presentations).
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively at all levels within the organization including Operations & Finance Executive Management Team
• Familiarity or knowledge of the Aerospace Market would be an advantage
• Accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc.) with +3 years industry experience.
• Demonstrated business and financial acumen, specifically be able to articulate how operational activities impact accounting entries and ultimately financial results
• Strong audit background
• Proven aptitude for process improvement / process re-engineering.
• Demonstrated experience of meeting tight reporting deadlines
• Strong organizational, numerical and analytical skills
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office package and advanced MS Excel capability
To apply for the above position please forward a copy of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org