IAC operates within the highest quality standards determined by the aviation industry. The quality systems engineer is the primary quality assurance resource for data collection, analysis, auditing, and continual process improvements to support daily operations. The quality systems engineer designs and recommends new processes for efficient, standardization and quality work. He/she will enhance existing programs and processes and work in collaboration and cross functional with management at all levels. This job operates in a professional office environment and aircraft hangar. There will be occasional exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for the servicing of products.
- Maintain all quality records and documentation in accordance with the quality manual and specific customer requirements.
- Design, document and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Ensure proper inspections have been performed to ensure product quality. This will include the inspection of incoming material as well as in process and final inspection of completed product.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, and test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports. Assist in process certification.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Review customer purchase orders and specifications, change requests and contracts and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in the quality and process plans.
- Review suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Conduct internal quality audits within the department.
- Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality assurance and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Serve as the quality assurance representative to the Company.
- Maintain calibration records for mechanical and electrical test equipment within the department.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors’ degree, preferable in Engineering or associates degree in engineering.
- A minimum of six years related work experience and/or experience in quality assurance engineering.
- Aircraft knowledge a plus.
- Proven experience in root cause and data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to travel 20% of the time for conducting AS9100 audits at five site locations.